"The Great American Out-Of-Shape Bicycle Tour"
Don't just take our word for it... Check out our press page
Terry has left WITHOUT A DIME IN HIS POCKET???
How will he eat? How will he survive? What if he gets a flat? Where will he stay? OH MY, HOW WILL HE GET HIS CAPPUCCINOS?
You heard it right, this amatuer cyclist has hit the road without a dime in his pocket. He is not allowed to spend even one penny.
The only thing he can rely on is your support and the kindness of strangers.
Afterall, the only thing we really need to accomplish great feats is each other.
You and the people you know can be of great service to this project and Terry as he rides through the country.
What Terry needs...
- Common Sense, but it is too late for that
- A place to stay or put up a tent, doghouse, guest room, Luxury Suite with room service : ) anything really.
- Food... Terry eats anything (and you thought your pet was bad)...
he only eats if you feed him, Tricks are limited...
if you can send him out with a few cliff bars and trail mix to help him from town to town that would be wonderful.
- An education in cyclery, because, after all, he knows nothing, at all (kind of goes with the common sense issue).
- A little tune-up or maintenance on his bike.
- A massage (now he is dreaming, but, what the heck, that's what got him this far).
- Company... if you would like to ride with Terry on this journey, get in touch with us,
we will let you know where he is and you can ride with him. The more the merrier.
- Sweepers... someone to take a drive and make sure he is not lying on the side of the road with a concussion,
because, as stated before, he is an AMATEUR.
- He needs to get the word out... if you have friends in media, television, radio, press, please help us set something up along the way.
He can also meet with church groups, student organizations, and community building groups and present on a number of subjects related to the arts,
community building and activism, and revitalization.
- Sponsorship and donations... Our website is growing and very soon we will be at a thousand hits a day.
This would give anyone an opportunity to support a good cause and get noticed.
- YOU... Terry and Mestizo need you to follow the progress, tell others, facebook, MySpace, Twitter,
email and keep it alive and in the minds of others.
Thanks for your support, and help us bring Terry home...
Terry Hurst is our "ordinary, out of shape" spokesperson.
He is a MICA board member, husband to renowned Salt Lake City artist Ruby Chacón,
and father to Salt Lake City musician, Orion Hurst-Chacón.
Yes, he really did volunteer to ride across the country on his bicycle.
He was excited to do it. We didn't even have to twist his arm.
Follow Terry's journey on the blog
and the map.